To give a brief overview of what we concluded we decided that while the technology has made our job as DJ's incredibly easier to do it also has down sides for example making the job look too easy to do in our guests eyes so then they might not feel we deserve to be paid as much and try shop for lower prices which could drive the industry down as a whole. We also said new technology is so much more affordable these days and also makes people think they could do our jobs so they go and try and and could potentially do a bad job which could give our industry bad reputation. We even touch on consumer technology making it's way into the stores and how we feel about it.
I think this could be a great topic for me to do for my professional inquiry as it will influence whether I evolve with technology or stick with what I've got and I can also find out how other professionals feel about this.
If you want to see the full video I have attached it below.
Good topic that comes form what researchers call 'the field' - the field is the environment in which your work - the context as we like to call it in work-based studies. The topic about how 'technology' has changed your industry - DJing- is a good one - now gather the literature - the ideas form others - to see where you might find some more specifics questions or to better understand what experts say and how that relates to 'real' practice - you in a moving vehicle with a colleague...
ReplyDeleteso literature - trade literature are what other practitioner say - so on the web like
http://iq.intel.com/the-tech-behind-the-beat-the-evolution-of-dj-technology/
https://www.digitaldjtips.com/2012/02/5-modern-skills-every-new-dj-should-have/
https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=e6DNAwAAQBAJ&pg=PA98&lpg=PA98&dq=DJ+use+of+technology&source=bl&ots=h9gFQ10TzP&sig=vI6qWLhfEzGsE0nG7dg6MWgxHTg&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwirspnC-6nLAhWJBBoKHf2ECl8Q6AEIUjAJ#v=onepage&q=DJ%20use%20of%20technology&f=false
look in the MDX library Summon to see what resources they have.
It is now time to have a 1-1 - and do some more blogs about where this topic has lead you...
Nice one Dan, I want to cover something similar in the technological vein... Laptops, phones, cameras and using the Internet for networking have all been of a great benefit to Musicians. I want to see who uses what and how it makes their lives much easier!
ReplyDeleteNice one Dan, I want to cover something similar in the technological vein... Laptops, phones, cameras and using the Internet for networking have all been of a great benefit to Musicians. I want to see who uses what and how it makes their lives much easier!
ReplyDelete