On reviewing my feedback from Module 2 I am very happy that both my tutors and the board
were pleased with the majority of my work.
What I gathered from the feedback is I need to gather more academic literature sources which is what I struggled on the last module as I was not sure how I could relate some DJ sources to my work i.e most literature on DJs is about Club DJ and mixing which is different from event DJing.
In terms of the project itself I want to keep the title as “Understanding Evolving change in the Disc Jockey Industry”
With regard to questions I want this inquiry to explore I feel the following are good ideas;
What I gathered from the feedback is I need to gather more academic literature sources which is what I struggled on the last module as I was not sure how I could relate some DJ sources to my work i.e most literature on DJs is about Club DJ and mixing which is different from event DJing.
In terms of the project itself I want to keep the title as “Understanding Evolving change in the Disc Jockey Industry”
With regard to questions I want this inquiry to explore I feel the following are good ideas;
-
● I want to give my opinion on the current state of the industry.
-
● How do novice/new Disc Jockey’s get inducted into/learn about the DJ industry?
(Sub questions could look into if new DJs are getting involved with communities and
groups etc)
-
● How do more experienced DJs play part in the evolution of personnel in the industry?
-
● How do employers view the industry and the changes that are happening?
-
● How have new technologies changed the workplace in terms of both performance
and induction into the industry?
In terms of literature I’m hoping you can give a little guidance in what to look for I am thinking things like national statistics on the whole of creative industry particularly looking at age ranges to understand what age group is most active in the industry.
With the surveys I will be following my guidelines I set in the ethics form and agreed with you so not collecting names or any identifiable information and using a series of tick boxes to make the process quick and easy for employers. Then I will carry out interviews with a range of different skilled DJs using informed consent forms where necessary.
So that pretty much sums up where I stand so in terms of what I need to look into I believe I should explore things such as;
1. Is the type of literature I’m considering okay and relevant?
2. For the interviews can they be written or do they have to be recorded as communication may be a struggle?
I'm glad I am starting to explore this early as I am worried that I will start falling behind when work gets hectic in the latter months of the year such as December when my DJ schedule becomes non-stop.
No comments:
Post a Comment